Bookmark this page for news and upcoming events within the Norwalk community.
Community Forums coming your way!
In April 2017, Norwalk City Council requested a number of community meetings to give residents the opportunity to be heard in their "own backyards," at different neighborhood locations easily accessible to residents. As part of the city's effort to strengthen community connections, these meetings were offered each quarter to provide an open forum for the people of Norwalk to share concerns, questions and comments.
The Community Forums are special City Council meetings open to the public, with a more relaxed format than regular meetings. To make it more convenient and easier for residents to attend, they take place at different locations throughout Norwalk.
The first Community Forum was held on May 9 at New River Elementary School. The second meeting in the series took place on August 22 at Sanchez Elementary School, the third at Moffitt Elementary on November 14 and the fourth at Lakeland Elementary School on February 27.
The City will continue to engage the public through these town hall style meetings. Registration is not required. Light refreshments will be served, and translation services will be available for our Spanish speaking residents.
Future meeting dates and times will be announced as they are calendared. For more information, please call (562) 929-5735 or email email@example.com.
For more Community information and resources, please visit these pages as well:
- Date: 07/03/2017 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
12700 Norwalk Blvd.
Norwalk , California 90650
- Introduction: Donate your hair to a great cause!
All hair donated will be used to make hairpieces for individuals suffering from hair loss due to any medical diagnosis. Hairstylists will be on-site cutting and styling hair. Hair should be clean and dry. For more information, please call 929-5566.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS:
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist.
- We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process.
- Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
- We cannot accept dreadlocks.
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches and may be divided into multiple ponytails.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.