Management Services is a division of the Administration Department responsible for a variety of support functions, including special projects as directed by the City Manager.
The division’s ongoing responsibilities include:
- strategic planning related to the citywide water delivery system;
- integrated waste management, including recycling programs;
- development of strategies to address plan updates for parks and city facilities;
- monitoring of state and national legislative issues;
- and coordination of communications with federal, state and county agencies, especially those with facilities in Norwalk.
Management Services also assists other departments in the completion of special projects and provides staff support to the Art in Public Places Committee and community boards, such as the Norwalk Restoration Advisory Board.