Film Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Film PermitThe City of Norwalk actively promotes a positive atmosphere for production companies wishing to film within the City. A film permit is required for filming activity done within the City limits.

The City considers “filming activity” to mean the filming, videotaping, and photographing conducted for the making of motion pictures, television programs, commercials and nontheatrical productions.

 Contact Us

12700 Norwalk Blvd., Room 5
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 929-5557
(562) 929-5056 Fax

Office Hours

Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Alternating Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm
City Hall is closed every other Friday

How to Obtain a Film Permit

Submit your Film Permit Application and Business License Application, supporting documents, and payment at least (2-7) days prior to the filming date.

Supporting documentation:

  • Indemnification Hold Harmless Agreement
  • Road Use Permit- from the Engineering Department - (562) 929-5723 Room 12 City Hall
  • L.A. County Fire Department Permits


    Fee Schedule

    Film Permit Fee (Non-Street Closure)


    Film Permit Fee (With Street Closure)


    Road Use Permit


    Business License

    $37.50 + $6 per employee + processing fee

    Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
    They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

    Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
    View Full Site