Special Event Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City considers a “Special Event” to mean a short-term land use activity that is distinct from the customary land use of the property on which it is conducted and involves the potential for a substantial number of participants or spectators. Special events includes, but is not limited to, carnival, live or recorded music concert, circus, certified farmer’s market, special sale in a parking lot, special outdoor retail sales promotion, rodeo, auction, animal show, car show, tent sales, business promotion, and grand opening events, temporary outdoor dining, seasonal goods market (such as Christmas trees or pumpkin lots) street fair, rides or any similar temporary exhibition, performance or sale.

Completed applications (and supporting documents) must be submitted to the Community Development Department, Planning Division, room 12.  Applications must be accompanied by a receipt from the Finance Department (room 5) showing proof of application payment; fee schedule is as follows:

Event Type

Application Deadline

Application Fee

Non-Profit Organization Fee

                    New/one-time Events, Carnivals, Circuses, Fairs, Festivals, Street Closure Events, Events with Alcohol

45 Days Prior to Event



                Annual events, semi-Annual events, or reoccurring events, with changes in scope

30 Days Prior to Event



              Annual events, semi-annual Events, or reoccurring events, with no  changes in scope; Grand openings, business vents/business promotions, which occupy parking areas, drive aisles, or public right-of-way

15 Days Prior to Event



*To apply for a Special Event Permit, a Business License is required. Business Licenses are obtained in the Finance Department, room 5.  For inquiries, call (562) 929-5713

Please contact the Planning Division at planning@norwalkca.gov with questions regarding the Special Event Permit process.  Applications and supplemental information are to be submitted via email at planning@norwalkca.gov.  For your convenience, forms are provided below.

Special Event Permit Application

Special Event Application Guidelines and Information Sheet

Indemnification (Hold Harmless Agreement)

Business License Application [PDF]

For Health Permit (regarding food sales), please contact LA County Public Health Dept.



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site