TAP (Transit Access Pass)
Norwalk Transit System (NTS) accepts the Transit Access Pass (TAP).
TAP is a convenient way to pay your fare. It's a durable plastic card with an electronic chip inside that you can use again and again. In order for the card to be valid, you must load it with cash value. Your TAP card will automatically remember your account balance and can be reloaded by visiting us at the Transportation / Public Services Facility.
Here's how it works:
- Tap your card on the farebox located at the front of the bus near the entrance.
- A 'beep' will sound and a message will appear on the farebox showing that your card is valid.
- Relax and enjoy your ride!
- Here's why TAP is a better way to pay your fare:
- It's SMART - Your TAP card actually remembers how much money you have stored on it.
- It's SIMPLE - With TAP, all you do is tap the farebox upon boarding the bus and go.
- It's SECURE - Your TAP card can be replaced if you lose it so you don't need to carry cash.
Please visit the Norwalk Transit System (NTS) Customer Service front desk for more information or click here for further details.
LIFE (Low Income Fare is Easy)
Norwalk Transit System (NTS) participates in Metro's Low Income Fare is Easy Program (LIFE) along with Montebello Bus Lines, Torrance Transit, Long Beach Transit, Culver City Bus, Antelope Valley Transit Authority, and Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus.
LIFE provides fare subsidy coupons or tokens for individuals that meet the income requirements of the program. The coupons may be redeemed towards the purchase of Metro's weekly, monthly and EZ transit passes sold at NTS Customer Service. Also, the subsidy coupons may be applied towards the payment of cash value on a TAP Card.
For information on eligibility guidelines to qualify and on how to apply for LIFE subsidies, please visit www.metro.net or contact the Human Services Association at (562) 806-5400.