Keep your family and home safe by thinking ahead.
EDUCATE yourself on severe weather and potential outcomes.
- Keep informed through www.norwalk.org and our facebook page at www.facebook.com/cityofnorwalkca for alerts and information.
PREVENT flooding and damage from rainfall by preparing your home before the rain hits.
- Inspect your roof for possible leaks.
- Clean out rain gutters and drains
- Clear out standing water or items that can hold water to prevent mosquito breeding.
- Reinforce single pane windows by sealing sides using painter's or duct tape.
- Evaluate your trees and trim as necessary.
- Secure outdoor furniture so it will not blow around in strong winds.
- Prepare for possible power outages.
- Assembly an Emergency Preparedness Kit including water, food, first aid supplies, spare batteries and other supplies.
During storms, listen to updates on traffic and conditions and OPERATE equipment, your household, and care for your family with safety in mind.
- Monitor your radio and television news closely for information concerning weather conditions and flooding in your area.
- Heed agency warnings and notifications.
Read up on other ways you can prepare, including how to put together an emergency kit, where to call for help, and how to report issues, in the Los Angeles County El Nino Preparedness Brochure by clicking here.