Misc. Maintenance Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Emergency Maintenance Services

The City of Norwalk Public Services Department provides after-hour emergency maintenance services throughout the community. Hazardous situations, such as signal outages; regulatory signs down; oil spills; flooding; overflow of sewer manholes; debris/tree limbs in the public right-of-way, etc., should be reported immediately to the Public Services Department at (562) 929-5511 during regular business hours.

To report any hazardous situation after regular business hours, contact the Norwalk Sheriff's Department at (562) 863-8711. City staff will be contacted immediately to ensure that the situation is addressed in a timely manner. 

Miscellaneous Maintenance Services 

Listed below is information regarding miscellaneous maintenance services provided by the Public Services Department, and other local agencies. 

Animal Control Service Requests

For animal control service requests (i.e., animal bites, deceased animals in the public right-of-way, injured animals, roaming dogs or livestock, etc.), please contact the Southeast Area Animal Control Agency (SEAACA) at (562) 803-3301

Bee Removal

For bee removal services from private trees or property, contact a professional pest control company. For removal of bees from City right-of-way (i.e., parkway trees, light poles water meters, etc.) contact the City of Norwalk Public Services Department at (562) 929-5511

Bulky Item Pick Up

Bulky item collection is strictly for the pickup of ordinary bulk items, such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, furniture, bundled tree branches, and non-automotive items. Contact your trash company 24-hours before your regular trash collection day and provide them with a complete list of the items you need collected.

For more information, click here.

Republic Services (800) 299-4898
CR&R Disposal Services (562) 944-4716

To find your trash collection hauler and regular collection day, click here

Freeway Concerns

For issues related to freeways, or property adjacent to freeways, please contact Caltrans at (323) 259-2353

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) in the regular trash, as it is toxic and will pollute the environment. Bring your HHW to a County of Los Angeles FREE mobile HHW Round Up event, held on scheduled Saturday at various locations throughout Los Angeles County.

A Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Collection Event is a one-day, drive-through collection event where residents can drive to a specific location to drop off their hazardous waste. These events are FREE, open to the public, and held on a Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  No appointment is needed. To locate the next closest collection event call (888) CLEAN LA (888-253-2652), or visit www.888CleanLA.com

For more information, click here

Mosquito Abatement

For concerns regarding mosquitos, please contact the Los Angeles County Vector Control District at (562) 944-9656

Private Property Concerns

For information about maintenance issues on private property, please contact the City of Norwalk Code Compliance Division at (562) 929-5730

Railroad Concerns

To report concerns regarding railroad property, please contact the City of Norwalk Code Compliance Division at (562) 929-5730.

Shopping Cart Removal

To have an abandoned shopping cart removed, please contact Nationwide Environmental Services, Inc (NES) at (562) 860-0604  or info@nes-sweeping.com  When reporting, please provide staff with the exact location of the cart, including major cross streets. Carts are collected within 48 hours from the call in most cases.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site