Signal, Street Light and Safety Light Maintenance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Signal and Safety Light Maintenance

The City of Norwalk Public Services Department Signal Maintenance Section maintains over 80 signalized intersections citywide, including traffic signals, illuminated street name signs, pedestrian push buttons, "don't walk" signs, and safety lights, which are located directly over traffic signals.

To report a signal or safety light concern, please contact the Public Services Department at (562) 929-5511 during regular business hours. Any after-hours signal-related emergency such as a pole knock down or signal outage, please immediately report to the Norwalk Sheriff's Department at (562) 863-8711.

Street Light Outages

The street light system within the City of Norwalk is owned and operated by Southern California Edison (SCE). Street light outages can be reported directly to SCE by calling (800) 655-4555, or to the Public Services Department at (562) 929-5511. Residents reporting a street light outage should be prepared to provide the customer service representative with the address and/or nearest cross street of the light pole and the pole number, if possible. The average time for repair is 7 to 10 days from the date the outage is reported.

Southern California Edison also provides online outage reporting and information on power outages and tools and tips to help residents and businesses with power issues. For additional information, visit SCE online and click on SCE Outage Center.

Safety Lights

Safety lights, which are located directly over traffic signals, are maintained by the City of Norwalk. Residents should report safety light outages to the City's Public Services Department at (562) 929-5511, providing department staff with the intersection, and if possible, specific corner where the outage is located. 

View Full Site