building cropped

Social Services Center

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Norwalk Social Services Center offers a wide range of emergency and support services to residents in crisis situations. Our goal is to assist individuals and families whose resources have been exhausted, stabilize their situation and seek long-term solutions

Center Information

Norwalk Social Services Center

 11929 Alondra Blvd.

Norwalk, CA 90650

 (562) 929-5544
 Fax: (562) 8929-5515


 Hours Of Operation
 Monday-Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
 Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The City of Norwalk, funded with County, State and Federal funds, offers a variety of child care options throughout the community. Our program can help pay for all or part of your child care expenses. For more information, please click on the image below.

Child Development Square Button


Client Advocacy

Services include, but are not limited to providing information and referrals to social service agencies; crisis intervention to ensure clients rights; and assistance with completion and explanation of forms (i.e., Social Security, Welfare, Unemployment, etc.).

Referral Services

Information and referrals are made for a variety of support services including: alcohol and drug rehabilitation, counseling, employment assistance, money management, legal issues, and more.

Residential Financial Assistance

The Norwalk Social Services Center has funds specifically allocated to assist our community during financial hardship. you may qualify for Rental Assistance, up to $500 towards past due rent (once a year) or Utility Assistance, up to $200. The most common hardships are car repairs, recent reduction of income, recent termination from employment, and/or receiving unemployment or disability, paid medical costs and increase in rent 

To qualify you must show proof of residency (City of Norwalk), Valid ID and Proof of Hardship

Please click on the image below for more information

Resident Financial Assistance  REREVAMP SSC 10-18 English

View Full Site