Easements and Encroachments

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Before you begin any new construction on your property, especially additions to your home such as a deck, patio, or shed, you must check with the Planning Division to determine if there are any easements on your property. An easement is a right-of-way afforded to a person to make limited use of another's real property. They are established for a variety of reasons, such as providing access to and the installation and maintenance of utilities, conveyance of drainage, or the enforcement of other restrictions across a piece of property. If your proposed construction will encroach on or impair the use of any easement that has been legally plotted or recorded, you can solve the problem by obtaining either an easement vacation or encroachment. For more information, please call the Planning Division at (562) 929-5744 or visit Room 12. 

View Full Site